1. Officially the second most melodic language after Italian
Also considered to be the third most beautiful language based on vocabulary, phonetics, phraseology and sentence structure. French and Persian are 1st and 2nd respectively.
2. It is an Eastern Slavonic language
It is closely related to Belarusian, Polish and Serbian.
3. Second most spoken Slavic language
There are 51 million speakers in Ukraine alone along with speakers in other countries. The most spoken Slavic language is Russian.
4. The Language dates back to 988 A.D
It is thought to begin in 988, when the principality of Kyiv was converted to Christianity.
5. The most commonly used Ukrainian alphabet is “п”
Most of the words in the Ukrainian language start with this letter. And the most rarely used one is “ф”.
6. It has been claimed that the Ukrainian language has over 5 million synonyms
7. Ukrainian has a semi-official status in the US, Cook County, Illinois